Quick, Learn To Cook! Thanksgiving’s Coming!

It’s three days before Thanksgiving.  You’ll understand why that holds significance for me if you read my post about the first Thanksgiving I was the head cook here.

We’ll be enjoying the traditional Thanksgiving meal — turkey, dressing, potatoes, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and a glass of white wine.  And, I’m pretty sure we’ll watch some football.  But, most importantly, we’ll be thanking God for the blessings we have received from Him.

May we all remember that being thankful is the most important part of the holiday, even more than the turkey and the football.

9 Responses to Quick, Learn To Cook! Thanksgiving’s Coming!

1. chrissy says:

Right on! I am so thankful for the life I have been granted!

2. chrissy says:

I went back and read your story of your first Thanksgiving! I never did feel any sort of that pain you had to deal with, we always had Thanksgiving (when my parents were married) at our house and both my sister and I helped out!

Chrissy — Thankful IS the key, isn’t it. It sounds like you were better prepared for your first Thanksgiving than I was! Good for your mom!

That blog post was wonderful. And I hope your Thanksgiving will be wonderful too. :)

Thank you, Hilary. I’m trying to remember — am I right that you celebrate Thanksgiving, but on a different day in Canada?

6. Julie says:

Absolutely! I agree 100%! And don’t we have so much to be thankful for…
    Happy Thanksgiving Aunt Sandy and Uncle “Hubby”! Hope you have a great one!

Thank you, Julie. Yes, our family has been very blessed. I give Grandma and Grandpa H. alot of the credit for that. They were such Godly people and, I know, prayed for all of us.

We wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving too. btw, I started to ask you if you remembered that traumatic first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner, but I think you are too young to have been there! :) Love, Aunt Sandy

8. Julie says:

You’re right, I must have been too young. I don’t recall that Thanksgiving. But I do remember going to your house for family gatherings and never once do I remember you not being a great hostess! Much love to you! : )

Thank you, Julie. I’ve never felt like a great hostess, so I especially appreciate your nice comment. Love, Aunt Sandy