A Fond Christmas Memory

mama-at-christmas2  Mama reading “Twas the Night Before Christmas”

Mama loved to read to me when I was little, as she had to my siblings before me.  And because of that, we all grew up with a love of the written word.

So the Christmas Mama was eighty-four, and living with my sister Jean, my sister made a video of Mama sitting by the fireplace reading “Twas the Night Before Christmas” and sent a copy to each of us.  A wonderful, treasured Christmas gift.

May you have a blessed Christmas Eve that includes fond  memories from long ago, while making new memories for the future.

And, most importantly, may we all celebrate the “reason for the season,”  the birth of Jesus Christ!

7 Responses to A Fond Christmas Memory

What a beautiful memory your sister has helped to preserve.. a great idea. Happy Christmas. :)

Hilary — Jean was always an “idea” person — always thinking up clever gifts that no one else would think of. But, this was one of her best.

My children also still talk about the time she gave little Gunny $10 worth of dimes all taped together and stuffed into a pop can with the pop can tab taped to the end. So, the gift looked like just a pop can, but when he pulled the tab, a string of dimes kept coming out! Kids love that kind of surprise gift, don’t they?

3. Amy O says:

Sandra, Another wonderful memory. Your family is so imaginative and personal with their gifts. May you have a Blessed Christmas!

4. Mrs4444 says:

Merry Christmas, Sandra! Finally cashed your check this week; sorry for the delay. You did receive the cookbook, right? Sorry I don’t remember hearing from you if you already said; I’ve sent about five recently…. :)

Amy — Yes, we like to be creative, but my sister was the “queen” of unique gifts! One year she gave me my first garage door opener!

Mrs4444 — Yes, I did receive the cookbook, and plan to sit down after Christmas and read it like a novel! Thank you.

6. tz says:

that’s one of the most beautiful christmas gifts I can think of….I’m sure you’ll treasure that for yeas, as will your children!

tz — I thought so too! Yes, we will always treasure it, although I need to get it transferred to disc before all the VHS players go away!