Oldies But Goodies for 13 Days!

We are leaving this morning for a two-week vacation.  First with my sister and her family in Atlanta, then with Gunny and his family in Tulsa.  ( I envy people who have their siblings and children all in the area!)

I doubt that I’ll be able to post during that time, so I’m leaving you on your own.  But here’s the plan.  I’m going to leave an old post that I like on each of the days that I’m gone and you can read that.  But, only read the one for that day, okay?  That way you will have something to read here everrrrry day.  How hard can it be to come up with thirteen posts I like and would like for you to read from the “old days,” right?

Okay, I’ll be back to posting, hopefully, on the fourteenth.  So, here are 13 “oldies but goodies.”

Update:  I decided you need an “oldie” for today too, so go here for a post I wrote at the beginning of my fiction writing class a year ago.

Be safe  tonight, and may your new year be blessed in ways that you havn’t even thought of!  Happy 2009!

Thursday, January 1:   A lesson I learned when I was applying for a job I reallllly wanted is in here.

Friday, January 2:  The story of my arrival into a family who I’m pretty sure weren’t expecting me is here.

Saturday, January 3:   Can you be too nice?  Here’s my argument that you can!

Sunday, January 4:  When I finally found one, here’s the story of my first job.

Monday, January 5:  Would you put that label there, if you knew it was going to be permanent?  Read here.

Tuesday, January 6:  Dieting.  The best way to do it is with a sense of humor.  Read here about the differences between how I do it and how Hubby does it!

Wednesday, January 7:  A fable with a great lesson we can all profit from is here.

Thursday, January 8:  Hubby’s birthday!  Do you know who he shares it with?  Read here

Friday, January 9:  My mama was an interesting person.  Here are some of my memories of her on ironing day when I was little.

Saturday, January 10:  When we were at DD’s house last year, she and I wrote a story together.  She would write a paragraph, and then me, and then her, etc.  It was fun, and the result came out surprisingly well!  You can read it here.

Sunday, January 11:   I was having a bad morning, and it was raining too, then I had an unexpected encounter that made the whole day better!  Read it here.

Monday, January 12:  It was just a business trip to visit some truck dealers, but I had more of an adventure than I had bargained for!  Read it here.

Tuesday, January 13:  And finally, read here for my memories of sharing a hospital room with a “blonde bombshell” when I had DD.

If you paced yourself, you should be arriving here on the 13th.  If you did, here is a bonus for you.  It’s one of my favorites.  I hope it makes you laugh.

I’ll be back!  Hope you enjoy these old favorites of mine.  May God keep you safe until we meet again.

Sandra

20 Responses to Oldies But Goodies for 13 Days!

1. tz says:

well part of me wants to read them all at once…but I shall just open them up daily. Have a great trip enjoying your family!

Thanks, tz. We’re trying to get out the door right now! Happy New Year!

3. karen says:

Happy New Year to you as well, Sandra.

Have a safe trip and enjoy your time with family :-)

Will check in daily and read the posts…see you again in 2009 :-)

4. Amy O says:

Happy New Year! Have safe travels and enjoy your vacation! We will wait in anticipation for the “new stuff” on the 14th.

Thanks for the clever way of giving us something to read every day so that we don’t miss you too much. But we will anyway. Happy New Year! Enjoy the ribs!

Amy — Happy New Year to you too! I’ll try to come back with lots of blogger fodder. :)

Linda — Glad you like this idea. Now we’ll see how it works. The ribs were great and I got great pictures.

btw, I’ve had an awful time getting into my site today so that I can make and answer comments, so don’t be surprised if this is the ONLY time I’m able to answer comments. :(

7. tz says:

so i’ve read two so far…and I love that your brother wanted to call you trigger!

8. Maddy says:

Hoping you have a fabulous vacation, or happy hols as we like to say.
    Cheers

Karen — Thanks. I’m glad we’ve become blogging friends. “See” you after the 13th!

tz — Yeah, it was the beginning of an “interesting” relationship! :)

Maddy — Thanks. We are having a great time — lots of good food! Diet 2009 here I come! :)

Have a great visit, Sandra. I’ve been so far behind, trying to catch up with blog posts. I can’t promise that I’ll be clicking back, but I sure did want to wish you the Happiest of New Years. Hugs to you, dear one. Enjoy your time away. :)

Thanks, Hilary. We are enjoying ourselves, but we are “homebodies” so will be glad to get home too!

12. Pam says:

Have a great vacation!

13. Caution says:

Travel safely and return to tell us all about it.

Thank you, Caution! Happy New Year! I’ll go over right now and see if you’ve finished your blogging sabbatical! :)

15. TZ says:

jan 10th…loved the story,…and it reminds me, when I was in highschool a friend and I had a note book and we wrote convoluted stories like that, I would do a couple pages then she would…it was loads of fun…I wish I still had them

16. Danielle says:

Have a wonderful safe trip. I cant wait to see your beautiful when you get back….

Enjoy xoxoxo

tz — When I re-read the story Jen and I wrote, I was a little embarrassed. It wasn’t as “great” as I remembered it. But, I guess the reason I thought it was so special was because we did it together. I’ll always treasure the memory of that.

Danielle — I’ll post again soon!

18. Chourou says:

Long time no see! How was your vacation? I bet that must be pretty memorable one. I am looking forward to your new photos again!

Hi, Chourou! We had a great vacation, but we’re glad to be home. I’ll be posting again starting tomorrow (after I get allll the laundry done). :)