O’Hare’s Got Nothin’ on Us

Sometimes it looks like a well run “airport” out on the ice.  Groups of geese and ducks coming and going all the time.

p10006631   “Okay, everybody with the tour group from Des Moines, over here.  You’ll be taking off next.”

7 Responses to O’Hare’s Got Nothin’ on Us

1. Cathy says:

I’m really glad I live in sunny Arizona, but I have to admit, the pics you’ve had on your blog this winter – ice, snow – it’s all just beautiful! Sometimes I kinda miss the 4 seasons… almost!

The ones on the ground look as if they’re all lined up to buy their tickets. At the left, a lone goose is facing the rest of the group – that must be the ticket agent. ;) Great shot, Sandra.

Cathy — I THINK I would miss the 4 seasons, but how would I know? I’ve never been without them! I do especially enjoy watching the water/ice during the different seasons. But, I have to say, there are certainly times when I envy you YOUR climate!

Hilary — That’s the way I saw them too. Glad you saw it like I saw it. :)

4. chrissy says:

Too funny!! I love this picture and your caption for it!!
    Below the Judo Post is awesome! You and Hubby really did take classes for judo together? How cool is that.

5. Dan says:

Clever ducks….Ours are so lazy over here in our local lake they never leave….I’m sure they have forgotten how !

6. Dina says:

Beautiful picture! It reminds me that I’d still like to see the Sandhill Cranes in Nebraska. They are here from March to April and I guess quite incredible to see. We’ve lived in Omaha for almost four years, but haven’t made the 2 1/2 hour trip out to see them yet. I think our 2 1/2 year old daughter is probably old enough now to enjoy seeing them as well.

I also liked the Judo post and pictures. There are still moments that I miss the freedom my husband and I had before having a child, but they are few and far between. Our daughter has been such an incredible blessing – challenging us and making us laugh almost every day lately. We’re hoping she’ll have a brother or sister in the next year or two. Very cool that your husband and you took Judo together. Just curious, were any of your kids interested in martial arts growing up?

Chrissy — Yes, we realllly did take judo together. A flash in the pan as far as our interest, but it was a fun experience. If I ever find a picture of the Korean guy who taught us, I’ll do a post about him and the classes!

Glad you enjoyed this picture. That caption just seemed to fit.

Danielle — Apparently you are treating your ducks too well. I’m pretty sure ours, at least sometimes, fly off looking for somewhere, like the McDonald’s parking lot, for “dinner.” :) (it’s nice to hear from you. xoxo)

Dina — Isn’t it a mystery how hard it is to make ourselves go to really significant attractions that aren’t too far from us? Indianapolis is only 2 hours away but I’ve never been to the 500.

No, Gunny and DD both found other outlets for their athletic talents than Judo. Apparently pictures like these didn’t “inspire them”. Go figure. :)