Like Warm Plum Pudding?

Who knew?  If you warm it first in the microwave, a glass of that dreaded juice I was given as a kid to regulate my digestive tract has a very pleasant flavor of warm plums!

But if you forget to order it in the morning … so just tell them to deliver it with your lunch … planning to ask that it be warmed in the microwave mid-afternoon … but then decide “Why go to all that bother?” and just chug it down at room temperature … it will once again taste exactly like that icky stuff Mama gave me when I was little … prune juice.

Just one of the little insights I’ve developed during this very interesting journey.

May you have a great day, and may all your prune juice be warmed!

7 Responses to Like Warm Plum Pudding?

1. Margaret says:

Now that sounds like so useful advice, thanks for sharing!

Well, Margaret, never let it be said that I keep a good idea to myself. You never know when someone else might profit from a little piece of information like that! :)

I’m not sure I’ve ever had prune juice. I might have to try some just so I know what you’re talking about. Or not.

4. Suldog says:

I actually enjoyed the odd glass of prune juice when I was a kid. Of course, I wasn’t forced to drink it, so that probably made all the difference. Though viscous, it is quite sweet and was much to this child’s liking in that regard.

Linda — Let me know what you think after you try it. :)

Suldog — You were a little kid who LIKED prune juice? You were a rebel at a very young age, weren’t you. :)

I’m with Sully. I loved the taste and still do.. though it’s been decades since I’ve had any. Warmed would be nice though.. with rum! ;)

Oh, Hilary. I’m not much of a drinker, but rum is a favorite of mine. Maybe I’ll have to try a little in it! :)