I love you, Honey, but, Boy, do I love Peanut Butter too!

When I think of Valentine’s day, of course I think of my wonderful husband.  But I have to admit I also immediately think, “What dessert can I make to SHOW my love?”  (How that thinking is counter-productive to both our diets is fodder for a whole different post, some other time.)

But for today, here is one of our favorite desserts.  The original is called Peanut Butter Pie, but I have done everything I can to make it lighter, including making it in a glass dish with the bottom covered with graham crackers instead of in two graham cracker pie crusts.  So no longer a “pie”.

Too bad I didn’t think to take pictures before I started serving it.

It’s not a glamorous looking dessert, but the taste makes up for it.

Peanut Butter Light Delight

Ingredients:

8 oz. Neufchâtel cheese (1/3 less fat than cream cheese), room temperature

1 1/2 C. powdered sugar

1 C. peanut butter

1/2 C. 1% milk

16 oz. container Cool Whip Lite

Hershey’s Syrup Lite

graham crackers

Assembly:

Beat cream cheese.  Add powdered sugar and peanut butter.  Slowly add milk.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Cover bottom of an 8″ x 11 1/2″  glass dish with sheets of graham crackers (I really like the chocolate ones).  Put half of the filling over them.  Drizzle with chocolate syrup.  Put in rest of filling and drizzle top. Freeze.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

11 Responses to I love you, Honey, but, Boy, do I love Peanut Butter too!

I think that went straight to my hips just by looking at it. Sounds yum!

Amen, sister. But it IS good! :)

3. Cathy says:

looks delicious!
    BTW, made your chicken salad recipe you had last week (or the week before??)and we loved it. I think I even liked it better the next day!

Cathy — The one with broccoli slaw in it? That was my experience too — that it was even better the next day. I’m so glad you liked it! :)

I don’t know if I’ve ever had the lightened version of this, but I might just have to give it a try. Thanks for posting the recipe. Happy Valentine’s Day to you and the love of your life. :)

6. Amy Ostrowski says:

Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you ship? If so, I would love to order one.

Linda — This is the first time, I think, that I’ve made it in a glass dish instead of in graham cracker pie crusts. But, even with the tweeking, it really does taste the same as it always did — still realllllly good. :)

Amy — Send buckets of money and I’ll send one by return mail. Or, depending on how many buckets of money you send, I may drive it up to you myself! :)

9. Mary Bowlin says:

Looks yummy, you are such a good cook….when’s dinner? :)

Oh, Mary, I’m sorry. It’s lonnng gone. I’ll have to make it on a Wed. during golf season sometime so that we can have it after lunch on Thursday. :)

11. [...] of their first nights here, we had peanut butter pie.  They all really liked it, but especially Jay.  The way I know that is that he said, “Will [...]