Don’t worry — I haven’t started acting old.

Recently I was turning into a parking lot and  saw a woman driving out whom I recognized, so while turning in I was also looking at the woman in the car that was driving out.

Unfortunately, because I was distracted I ran over the corner of the curb. It was a low curb so no damage was done, but it’s never a good thing to do that.   And the topper was that I quickly realized that the woman I was waving at wasn’t the person I knew.

I can just picture what that woman was thinking after witnessing me waving to a stranger while careening over the curb into the parking lot, “Somebody really ought to take that old lady’s car keys away — she’s obviously become a dangerous driver!”

Ha!  Luckily, I know she’s wrong.  I’ve done that kind of stuff all my life!

11 Responses to Don’t worry — I haven’t started acting old.

1. Josh says:

I laughed out loud!

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve done something similar to this.

Glad I’m not alone! :)

That woman is probably still trying to figure out who the lady was who was waving at her and wondering about her own mental faculties at forgetting such a friendly person. By the way, I love your Hubby’s line when greeting someone whose name he can’t remember: “Hi. I’m Jim, and you know who you are.”

Good, Josh. Thanks for the confirmation that it doesn’t just happen to “old folks”. :)

I love it too, Linda. It’s saved him from coming up with a name he should know many times. :)

4. notquiteold says:

The older you get, the more curbs you clip!

Ha ha ha…this is me! I have always done that sort of thing, and I guess at some point people will ignorantly blame my age too! :)

Recently I had to have a tire replaced thanks to a run-in with a curb. Thankfully it was under full warranty.

Who could blame you? You thought you knew her and so you were excited to see her, and figured you should curb your enthusiasm. ;)

NQO — THAT’S kind of scary! :)

Beth — Wouldn’t you think they could make those things tougher? If you just barely tap a curb they cave! ;)

Hilary — A clever twist on the subject, as usual, friend. :)

8. Dave says:

Ha. You have a good sense of humour – Dave

Thank you, Dave. I love it if I make someone smile or even better, laugh out loud! :)

10. Dianna says:

Funny! If I happen to hit the curb, my son will say: “curb check! Yep, it’s still there!”
    Of course, I don’t really do it THAT often…. ;)

Ohhh, Dianna — I LIKE that line. I’m going to try to remember it and use it myself! :)