Clouds Up!

The title of my last post, Sun Up!, reminded me of the following pictures which I had taken during some tumultuous weather several months ago.  I was fascinated that the stormy clouds had the appearance of growing up from the ground, or being shadows of the trees in front of them!

The sky is a continuing showcase of nature’s beauty.  Fascinating.

10 Responses to Clouds Up!

What an interesting sky. I’m not sure I would have noticed the “shadow” effect if you hadn’t pointed it out; but that second picture, especially, looks as if the clouds are shadows of the trees. Very nice photos you captured here.

I’m glad you thought so too, Linda.

3. Josh says:

Wow, is this where you live? It’s gorgeous!

Replace the trees with buildings and the clouds with smoke, and you’d have a spittin’ image of the place I live!

(Yeah, not as exciting …)

Well, Josh. It’s the SKY! Wherever you are, if you look up, I’m pretty sure you will see it too! :) But I have to say that we have a pretty unobstructed view to the East from both the front and back of our house. So, sunrises are kind of my specialty. But when we were having threats of tornadoes one August evening, I walked out the front door to look for them — and there were these incredible clouds visible at the end of our street. Just in the right place at the right time, that time I guess. :)

Very cool. It does appear to follow the shape of the landscape. Nature sure is a wonder.

Hilary — An always free show in nature and especially in the sky that I decided a long time ago I was going to remember to look at and appreciate (inspired by my dad losing his sight — it made me appreciate mine more). I’m never disappointed. :)

7. carlahoag says:

Look like giant clouds of steam coming up from a geyser or something. Really beautiful.

Thanks, Carla. They were so unusual that I’m just lucky to have had a camera handy. :)

9. Dave says:

Sandra, cloud photos can be facinating huh? They make such interesting effects – Dave