Puzzling to two and sometimes to three too!

My sister ML came for a visit recently.  She was here just two full days, but we made the most of our time … doing “important” things.  Of course we ate, a favorite activity in our family, but for entertainment we alternated from playing our family’s favorite dice game, Yahtzee, to working a jigsaw puzzle.

ML works lots of jigsaw puzzles, so she is much more organized about it than amateurs like me.

She suggested we sort the pieces by similar colors plus a pile for the edge pieces.

P1140106

When we were done sorting, I thought the pieces looked like a mosaic.  But when I suggested that since we had already achieved such a “work of art”, why spoil this look by actually assembling them!!, ML thought I was joking, so we started working the puzzle …

P1140110

You can see a man’s hand on the left.  That’s because even though Hubby swore off jigsaw puzzles after we had what turned into a jigsaw puzzle marathon a few years ago, he couldn’t resist putting a piece in occasionally as he would walk past.

As hard as ML and I worked for those two days and even for an hour or so the morning of the third day, before she left, we still didn’t get it finished.  When I went to bed that night I had decided to finish it the next day.

What a surprise when I got up in the morning and found this …

P1140128

Do you see the two little pieces, upper left?

P1140129

What a surprise that the puzzle was finished except for two little pieces.  I laughed to myself because I knew the only other person in the house had finished the puzzle … almost.  I “finished” the puzzle and looked forward to hearing why Hubby had avoided being the one to finish the puzzle.

When Hubby got up and looked at the puzzle, he said he was glad I had finished it and reminded me that he doesn’t really like doing jigsaws.

He may not like them, but I think Hubby would have to agree that jigsaw puzzles are like popcorn — it’s hard to eat (popcorn) or place (puzzle pieces) just one!

ML and I had a wonderful couple of days together.  Hubby pretty much stayed out of our way and did his own thing … until of course, it came to popcorn or jigsaws.  Those he has trouble resisting.

6 Responses to Puzzling to two and sometimes to three too!

That’s a hoot. And nice of him to save the last two pieces for you. ;)

Frank and I love doing jigsaws (as long as I’m the one who turns over all the pieces) but we’re not nearly that organized. I sort the edges from the rest but never make separate colour piles. Through the winter, we always have one on the go – usually a 1000 piece jobbie.

One of our local department stores is going out of business across Canada and selling off their merchandise at great discounts. Just yesterday, we picked up 9 really nice puzzles and 5 card games – each under $4 and most under $3. We’re set for when we find our new place!

Do you, your hubby and ML want to come by for a few days? :)

That’s a beautiful puzzle and a fun story. My hubby would have put those last two pieces in just for the bragging rights. Glad you and ML had such a nice visit. When is the next one scheduled? :)

Hilary — I don’t think jigsaw puzzles would be enough of a draw for Hubby to make the trip, but ML and I would be tempted. : )

Linda — It really is a pretty puzzle. If the two of you would like to work it, remind me to give it to you the next time you’re here.

We are definitely planning on ML coming again. It was so much fun.

4. ML says:

Thank you for a wonderful time. Look forward to doing it again. Love ya.

• Sandra says:

ML — Thank YOU for coming. It’s so much fun to have someone to work a jigsaw puzzle with — and play Yahtzee with. We’ll have to do it again soon. Love you too. : )

5. zoomtrader says:

zoomtrader is just about the best zoomtrader brokers on the internet currently.
    In order in order to participate, a buyer
    purely invests some profit any investment, zoomtrader or perhaps currency exchange from our own
    data bank (for instance coffee), and according to the existing price about the
    stock trading game, makes an attempt in order to predict no matter if
    it’s going to be larger or reduce towards the end of an repaired time frame. If people are considering coming into zoomtrader, which can be also called electronic digital alternatives, there are a few tips you need to understand before beginning to invest your hard earned money.